With it being Bonfire Night, a request has come in to run on the main roads tonight. We can do some speedwork next Tuesday ready for the Abbey Dash but the parts marked with a * give opportunities for people to put their foot down and some a sharp piece of work.
Run I’ll be doing tonight is
1. Leave the Sports Centre and turn right
2. At Barwick Road, turn right and run all the way to Scholes (dark in a couple of areas, take care)
3. Turn left and run all the way to the A64 York Road *
4. Turn left and run all the way to the roundabout at Seacroft *
5. At this stage depending on times, groups can do what they wish, options are
– Run down to Aldi*, turn right down to Kwik-fit (used to be Charlie Browns), turn left back to Cross Gates, up to the skyliner and back to the centre
– Run down to Aldi*, then run down to Cross Gates (Mecca Bingo) and return back to the sports centre from there
– Run back along the ring road to Cross Gates and back to the Sports Centre from there.
Anyone wanting to do something different is free to do so.