Parkrun league returns from May-September with a different parkrun each month and then a ‘wildcard’ on the first Saturday of October!
Great! Though what is ‘parkrun league’?
STAC members (1st and 2nd claim) are split into groups based on previous parkrun times (or estimates). There is one parkun venue chosen each month and members can run that venue as many times in the month as they like with the best time counting. There will be a league table produced and the first and second place of each group will win a trophy!
Which parkruns are we doing?
- May – Woodhouse Moor
- June – Middleton Woods
- July – Chevin
- August – A fast flat one (we will put this to a vote nearer the time)
- September – Conyngham Hall
Which league will I be in?
You will be split into Leagues based on your recent parkrun best times (or estimated time if no recent runs)
- The Gascoigne League (under 19 mins)
- The Devon League (19-20:59 mins)
- The Woodman League (21-22:59 mins)
- The Wykebeck Arms League (23-24:59 mins)
- The Brown Cow League (25-26:59 mins)
- The Barnbow League (27-28:59 mins)
- The Station League (29-30:59 mins)
- The Leodis League (31-onwards mins)
How does Scoring work?
Points will then be awarded for each venue / league as follows:
- 1st In that league that month: 100
- 2nd In that league that month: 95
- 3rd in that league that month: 90
A runners’ best four scores out of the five months count.
Results will be updated regularly and sent out on Facebook / email
What’s the ‘Wildcard’ and how do I qualify for it?
On Saturday 1st October those who qualify for a ‘wildcard’ can do any of the 5 parkruns again. This could be as you missed it the first time around, or because you believe you can get a faster time.
Those who did 2 non-running volunteer roles between May and September at a senior parkun will qualify for the wildcard.
Even if you cannot make the wildcard date we would encourage all to volunteer when they can as parkrun relies on its volunteers and the local events do struggle to fill the roster from time to time.
Anything I need to do?
Just say you’re interested in taking part on Facebook or email and you’ll be added to the appropriate league.
Also if you could please add ‘St. Theresa’s’ as the club (group) in your parkrun profile as this will really help us do the results. To do this:
- Sign-in to parkrun https://www.parkrun.com/signin/
- Go to ‘groups’
- Search for and join ‘St Theresa’s AC’ and make sure it’s your primary group
For 2nd claim members we will make a note of, but again would be easier if you have your club in your profile.