its been another very interesting week of STAC parkrun league. 8 STACies logged a time at Woodhouse Moor this past Saturday. Wayne Butler (365 points) moved to the top of the Devon league despite recording a slower time than Paul McGreevey (350 points) at Woodhouse – this league will need to be decided at the “wildcard” event on the 16th of December (choose your parkrun carefully gents).
Another league that is too close to call is Woodman – Daniel Gaunt (390 points) is but 5 points ahead of Andy Cullen – with the head to head favouring Andy at 2 wins to 1. Where to “wildcard” was a hot topic at Dave Mellors’ birthday do.
The Wykbeck League sees a four way battle at the top – Sarah Waite (390 points) is back at the top and has three wins but is being chased all the way by Emma Longfellow (375) who now has three second places and moved up from 5th to 2nd with her most recent “slightly hungover” run. Chris Berry (370) and Wanda MacDonald (355) are snapping close at their heels. It could all change if Chris logs a time at Woodhouse in the next two weeks
Jo Holland (380 points) bettered her time at Woodhouse and now leads Helen Fenton (360) by 20 points and Joanne O’Hara (355) by 25.
Adele Wilson (390) produced her run of the series so far to log a quicker time than Sarah Denman (395) at Woodhouse Moor – this league could end in a tie if the Wildcard run goes in Adele’s favour=
And last by no means least was Lynsey Lyon who logged her quickest parkrun time ever to claim the Winners prize in the Leodis league.
Remember it’s best 4 scores count. Runners must run 4 events to qualify for a prize – first and second in each league will get a trophy to be handed out at the club prize giving.
- Richard Herrington – Cock Beck – 400 Points – 4 Runs LEAGUE WINNER
- Wayne Butler – Devon – 365 Points – 5 Runs
- Daniel Gaunt – Woodman – 390 Points – 4 Runs
- Sarah Waite – Wykebeck – 390 Points – 5 Runs
- Joanne Holland – Brown Cow – 380 Points – 4 Runs
- Stacey Goodyear – Barnbow – 400 Points – 5 Runs
- Sarah Denman – Station – 395 Points – 4 Runs
- Lynsey Lyon – Leodis – 395 Points – 5 Runs LEAGUE WINNER
- Ian Maudsley – Cock Beck – 185 Points – 2 Runs
- Paul McGreevey – Devon – 350 Points – 4 Runs
- Andy Cullen – Woodman – 385 Points – 4 Runs
- Emma Longfellow – Wykebeck – 375 Points – 4 Runs
- Helen Fenton – Brown Cow – 360 Points – 4 Runs
- Clary Elliot – Barnbow – 350 Points – 4 Runs
- Adele Wilson – Station – 390 Points – 5 Runs
- Geoffrey Hardman – Leodis – 255 Points – 3 Runs
An updated league table is in the downloads section below as well as an overview of the rules and scoring.
Don’t despair if you have missed running at a previous event as it is the best 4 from 5 scores that count and on the 16th of December you can run any of the 5 parkruns again to get a quicker time
- July – Temple Newsam
- August – Rothwell
- September – Wetherby
- October – Roundhay
- November – Woodhouse Moor
- December 16th – Any one you have missed / want to run again (note the change in date as the STAC Xmas do was the day before the original date – if you can’t do the 16th and want to run your final one on the 9th Dec as originally planned please let me know)
Please contact Stuart Gall on Facebook if you have any queries or need to amend or add a result (2nd claimers it isn’t that easy to find you!!)