The 2020 Club Championship races are now announced! There will now be 14 races over the year, with the best 8 counting towards the club championship. Distances will range from 5k to 20 miles and across varying terrain.
|PECO Harrogate||Jan 19th||4.5-5m||Cross country||Yes|
|Dewsbury||Feb 2nd||10k||Road / Flat||Sold out|
|Spen 20||Mar 15th||20m||Road / Undulating||Yes|
|Ackworth||Apr 13th||13.1m||Road / Undulating||Yes|
|Leeds Half||May 10th||13.1m||Road / undulating||Yes|
|Chevin Fell Race||Jun TBC||4.5k||Fell||No|
|Canal Run||Jul 7th||5k||Trail / Flat||in Feb|
|St Aidan’s 10k||Jul 3rd||10k||Trail / Flat||Yes|
|Escrick||Aug TBC||10k||Mixed / Flat||No|
|Scarborough 10k||Sep TBC||10k||Road / flat||No|
|Shaun Lee Johnstone||Oct TBC||10m||Mixed / undulating||No|
|Abbey Dash||Oct TBC||10k||Road / Flat||No|
|Guy Fawkes||Nov TBC||10m||Mixed / hilly||No|
|Bah Hambug 10k||Dec TBC||10k||Mixed / hilly||No|
- January’s race is now PECO Harrogate (this was originally PECO West Park, however they’ve recently swapped events)
- Dewsbury 10k has sold out. There are approx. 50 STAC’s going, so keep an eye on Facebook to see if anyone is transferring nearer the time.
- Other races with dates TBC may not happen, may clash with other events or may clash with a PECO race. In these circumstances a replacement racer will be found.
- Some races are expected to sell-out quickly; particularly the Canal Run.
- Where entry is open, there is a link added above to take you to the booking site
- Scarborough will be an ‘away’ race – there will be a coach to this. More info nearer the time.
What is the STAC club championship?
The club championship is across 14 selected races over the year. A runners best 8 races will count towards the championship. There will be prizes for best female and male runner and the league table will be updated throughout the year.
There will also be a ‘mini-championship’ over 3 races; the Canal Run, East Leeds 10k and Escrick.
For the races chosen, we try to get a good variety of events; from distance, size, terrain and hills!
All 1st and 2nd claim members are welcome to join any or all the races. There is usually a good STAC turnout on all events. So even if you can only make one or two it’s a great way to do a run that you wouldn’t normally do with other STACs!
How does scoring work?
There is a maximum 400 points possible per race.
The fastest STAC will get 400 points; 200 points for the fastest time and 200 points for being best STAC.
Everyone else gets points related to how fast they were compared to the fastest time (so if a person was 25% slower they would get 150/200 points) and their STAC placing in that race (so if they were 5th fastest STAC 195/200) points. A total of 345/400 points for this example.
There are 14 races in 2020 and the best 8 will count towards the final placing in the table.
Throughout the year the club championship table will be updated as follows:
|Race No.||Table will be updated to show:|
|1||Best 1 from 1 race|
|2||2 from 2|
|3||2 from 3|
|4||3 from 4|
|5||3 from 5|
|6||4 from 6|
|7||4 from 7|
|8||5 from 8|
|9||6 from 9|
|10||6 from 10|
|11||7 from 11|
|12||7 from 12|
|13||8 from 13|
|14||8 from 14|